Our clinic acquired The Gemini laser with a PBM adapter, allowing us to offer patients a pain
management therapy for TMJ and other discomfort patients may experience.
Photobiomodulation (PBM), or low-level laser therapy, is a non-invasive photo-chemical reaction where
light energy of a certain wavelength, intensity, and duration is absorbed at a cellular level, improving
local circulation, oxygenation, and enzyme activity. It has been clinically tested and shown to help
improve tissue repair and reduce pain and inflammation. The potential application of the PBM includes,
but not limited to:
- Pain control after surgery and root canal therapy
- Improved healing of implants and grafts.
- Treating dry socket.
- Eliminating the use of opioids.
- Nerve regeneration.
- Treating facial pain and TMD pain.
- Treating soft tissue lesions such as cold sores and aphthous ulcers.
- Preventing and/or treating mucositis (inflammation of the soft tissues)
- Treating dentine hypersensitivity